- Added a feature that enables you to organize cell with your custom tags.
- Added an option to change a part position in the tree when you add the part. (in Environmental Settings)
- Added commands to select a backward or foreward part from the current part.
- By default, pushing [ key to select the backward, ] key to select the forward.
- Added commands to delete labels in playback range or all labels.
- Added the number of parts in a current animation on the status bar.
- Added a texture filter and wrap mode on the overlay and an access to the settings in the context menu.
- Now you can see the cell frame applied UV animation and manipulate UV attributes by mouse dragging.
- Added a command to select unreferenced cells on the context menu.
- Added a command to select the parts referring to an active cell on the context menu.
- Pushing the alphabet or numeric keys allows you to jump to the cells whose name begins the character pushed.
- Added Sort button.
- A warning popups when you delete a cell referenced from some effects.
Edit User Data
- Added “Set Last Updated Value” button.
Edit Vertex Deformation
- Added “Reset” button which resets all values to zero.
- Added “Abort” button which can cancel process while rendering.
Multi Animation Preview
- Added an opacity for each animation and improved UI in whole.
- Project: Added options to toggle showing confirmation before deleting a file and performing not undoable operation.
- Cell List: Added “Cell tag font size” and “Enable jump to a cell which name starts with input key.”
- Layout: Added “Tree position where parts add by dropping cell.”
Edit: Added “Set default keys for all animations in a file when you add/duplicate a part.”
- Other: Added “Log command history (for debug).”
- Default Settings -> New Animation: Added the number of total frames and FPS.
Cell Map Settings
- Added “Project Default Settings” button.
Edit -> Parts Menu
- Added commands to toggle visibility or lock status of the selected parts.
- Classified items by visibility and lock.
- Added “Ver.4” indicator which is shown on the top right of the main window if the “Limit to Ver.4 compatible functions” in the project settings is checked.
- Memorize time slider position for each animation.(not saved in the file)
- Added “Add Effect Parts” button.
- Fold/Expand all of selected parts when you click ▼ or [+] button on the tree.
- [mac] Adding/deleting a key is invoked by pressing command key, not only control key.
- Changed “Show/Hide Other Parts” behavior to the Photoshop’s rule.
- Improved the followings about playback range:
- Starts selection by pressing Shift key before left click dragging.
- Scrolls when you drag to the outside the window.
- Expands selection by dragging to the left of the beginning.
- Made fps(changed to stats), information and time tabs semi-transparent to be able to see background behind the tabs.
- Each item can be selected on information tabs by left-clicking and also “ParentalRelation” can be toggled.
- Corner handle is now prioritized than rotation handle when left-clicking with Ctrl key on the active part.
- Not normal typed parts can also be handled X/Y scale and Z rotation in the same way as the normal.
- Deselect parts by Ctrl + left-clicking.
- [mac] Command key is now recognized as same as Ctrl key to do the operations below:
- Select parts, Vertex Deformation, Option to add keys on time slider position when adding parts.
- Scrolls when moving selection to the out of the window by pushing arrow key.
- Not open “Edit Cell” if moving unfixed selection by pushing arrow key.
- [mac] Command key is now recognized as same as Ctrl key to snap grid.
- Supported multiple selection.
- Delete, select tag and clear tags can be applied to the selection.
- Ctrl + A to select all.
- Shifted “?” button downward to avoid accidental click.
- When left-clicking pivot area without focus, not modify the pivot but just move the focus to the area.
- [mac] Command key is now recognized as same as Ctrl key to zoom in/out.
Select Reference Cell
- Memorizes window size.
- Fits item height to the setting of Cell List.
- Interpolated value always shows even if there is no key on the current frame.
- Shifted “?” button downward to avoid accidental click.
- [mac] Command key is now recognized as same as Ctrl key to scroll and to add key selection.
- [mac] Hides along with main window when miniaturization.
Edit User Data
- Changed window type to modeless to be able to edit, undo and redo while opening.
* String cannot be redoable.
- Values can be acceptable without checking leftmost checkbox.
- Pushing Enter key fixes value and move focus to the next.
- Memorize window position and size.
- Initial value does not take over a previous key value when creating a new key.
- Sorted tab order.
- Added three file types in “New” command in the context menu in the “Folder” tab.
- Changed initial folder of save file dialog to the selected folder or the folder contains the selected file.
- When changing an other animation, active part focus stays if the animation is in the same SSAE file.
- Enabled to change value by mouse wheel while focusing absolute value input box.
- Notifies when avi file size gets over 4GB.
- Added “Project Settings” button to shortcut to “Export” page in the project settings.
- All UV related attributes becomes available when “Default” is selected in Compatibility page.
- Added “Priority” in “Attributes created when creating a key for each part” by factory setting.
- Layout name can be specified from “Save Layout”.
Save File Dialog
- [Windows] Removed extension in file name input box because accidental change may occur.
- When adding or duplicating parts, initial attribute(reference cell if normal part) keys are added at zero frame in the other animations in the same SSAE file.
- Enabled if “Set default keys for all animations in a file…” is checked in Environmental Settings.
- Added an error code and its reason in the message dialog for investigation when failing to create or save a file.
- Changed file deletion behavior from complete deletion to moving to the trash.
- When an uninterpolatable attribute having some interpolation type is found, fixes it and shows a warning.
- When warning/error message dialog shows after loading/saving multiple files, shows “Open Log File” and “Close” buttons instead of “Yes”/”No” buttons.
Shortcut key setting
- Added a new command automatically if user setting does not contains it yet when SpriteStudio boots up.
- Improved naming logic if the name is overlapped with the existings when creating/duplicating/renaming the name of part/cell/anime.
- e.g.) Duplicating “NewName_1”, now you get “NewName_2” instead of NewName_1_1.
- The logic also applies to the files.
- Now left click dragging in the number input box performs selection normally instead of changing value.
- In Rendering, Make Sprite Sheet, Multi Animation Preview, Scale Animation Length and Color Picker.
- Added a function to send usage statistics.
- Please go to “Help” -> “About sending usage statistics…” for more information.
- Edit Cell: [mac] Crashes sometimes when opening by double-clicking on Cell List.(depends on environment)
- General: [windows 10] Characters run off and images shrink on High DPI environment.
- Frame Control: Current attribute of Curve Editor does not change by left clicking the attribute line on the tree.
- Frame Control: Selecting or deselecting parts by pressing Ctrl key on the tree does not reflect the change to Layout.
- File Loading: When an effect file path contains folder path, a warning shows due to misunderstanding.
- File Loading: An operation continues even after creating a project or a file is failed.
- Animation Playback: An exception occurs when the cell referenced an effect is removed while playing the animation including the effect.
- Select Effect: Open the effect which is not assigned any effect yet and close the window by pushing ESC key and then reopen the window, SpriteStudio freezes.
- Effect Editor: Open two times and push Space key and then close, an exception occurs.
- Layout: Grid color cannot be applied alpha value.
- Cell List: When switching to Anime List while closing Layout window, SpriteStudio becomes no operation.
- Cell List: An exception occurs when an effect file is saved after deleting the cell referenced from the effect file.
- Other: [windows 10] Main window sometimes appears a bit downward than before.
- Color Picker:
- Tab key does not work to move the focus the next item.
- Number input box cannot be empty when the number of characters remained is one.
- Flickering when closed.
- [mac] On OSX 10.12 Sierra, Some texts (context menu, etc) are always shown in English despite Japanese mode.